    SubjectRe: [patch] POLLRDHUP/EPOLLRDHUP handling for half-closed devices notifications ...
    On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, Davide Libenzi wrote:

    > The attached patch against 2.6.16-rc5 implements the half-closed devices
    > notifiation, by adding a new POLLRDHUP (and its alias EPOLLRDHUP) bit to the
    > existing poll/select sets. Since the existing POLLHUP handling, that does not
    > report correctly half-closed devices, was feared to be changed, this
    > implementation leaves the current POLLHUP reporting unchanged and simply add
    > a new bit that is set in the few places where it makes sense.
    > The same thing was discussed and conceptually agreed quite some time ago:
    >
    > http://lkml.org/lkml/2003/7/12/116
    >
    > Since this new event bit is added to the existing Linux poll infrastruture,
    > even the existing poll/select system calls will be able to use it. As far as
    > the existing POLLHUP handling, the patch leaves it as is.
    > The pollrdhup-2.6.16.rc5-0.10.diff defines the POLLRDHUP for all the existing
    > archs and sets the bit in the six relevant files.
    > The other attached diff is the simple change required to sys/epoll.h to add
    > the EPOLLRDHUP definition.

    I just added a stupid program to test POLLRDHUP delivery here:

    http://www.xmailserver.org/pollrdhup-test.c

    It tests poll(2), but since the delivery is same epoll(2) will work equally.

    - Davide

      Last update: 2006-03-09 03:03    [W:0.022 / U:62.840 seconds]