    SubjectRe: Nigel's work and the future of Suspend2.
    Nigel Cunningham wrote:
    > Hi all.
    > I'm delighted to announce that I've accepted a call to serve a congregation in
    > Victoria, Australia, as a Home Missionary elder. As a result, some time in
    > the next month or two, I will stop working for Cyclades and make the move.
    > Users of Suspend2 can rest assured that I will not allow the patches to suffer
    > bitrot. I will be continuing to use them myself, and will therefore have the
    > best of incentives to keep them up-to-date.

    I think you for all your work, and I hope that your new calling will be
    > Now for the downside: I won't, however, be making any sort of concerted effort
    > at getting them merged into the vanilla kernel after my move, and am not
    > inclined to make a big effort beforehand. Recent discussions on LKML clearly
    > showed that Pavel doesn't want to see them merged, and I didn't see much in
    > the way of other kernel developers expressing a desire contrary to Pavel's
    > wishes. I don't want to waste my time and effort, so I don't see the point to
    > doing anything but maintaining the patches as they stand.

    I have never had any problems with Suspend1 in terms of SUSPEND,
    although I was hoping at some time that RESUME functionality would be
    added as well ;-) Suspend2 has worked for my laptops, and I'm delighted
    that you will be continuing your work.
    > I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Cyclades for their employment and
    > support of the project.

    -bill davidsen (

      Last update: 2006-03-08 17:11    [W:0.019 / U:225.552 seconds]