SubjectRe: Nigel's work and the future of Suspend2.
Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> Hi all.
> I'm delighted to announce that I've accepted a call to serve a congregation in
> Victoria, Australia, as a Home Missionary elder. As a result, some time in
> the next month or two, I will stop working for Cyclades and make the move.
> Users of Suspend2 can rest assured that I will not allow the patches to suffer
> bitrot. I will be continuing to use them myself, and will therefore have the
> best of incentives to keep them up-to-date.

I think you for all your work, and I hope that your new calling will be
> Now for the downside: I won't, however, be making any sort of concerted effort
> at getting them merged into the vanilla kernel after my move, and am not
> inclined to make a big effort beforehand. Recent discussions on LKML clearly
> showed that Pavel doesn't want to see them merged, and I didn't see much in
> the way of other kernel developers expressing a desire contrary to Pavel's
> wishes. I don't want to waste my time and effort, so I don't see the point to
> doing anything but maintaining the patches as they stand.

I have never had any problems with Suspend1 in terms of SUSPEND,
although I was hoping at some time that RESUME functionality would be
added as well ;-) Suspend2 has worked for my laptops, and I'm delighted
that you will be continuing your work.
> I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Cyclades for their employment and
> support of the project.

-bill davidsen (

  Last update: 2006-03-08 17:11    [W:0.114 / U:1.704 seconds]