    SubjectRe: using usblp with ppdev?
    > But if you want to play around and verify this, try modifying the USB
    > device table in the drivers/usb/misc/uss720.c file (look for the
    > structure called "uss720_table" and add a new entry with the vendor and
    > product id of your device there.)
    Well, it seems the device doesn't like the driver or vice-verse. When
    added entry to the uss720_table, /proc/bus/usb/devices reports that
    the device is being handled by this driver, but when I plug the device
    in, dmesg gets full of error reports, and the device file doesn't
    appear in /dev . Now, my question is: is the cable named "usb to
    parallel cable" an interface that converts classic printer to usb
    printer? Shouldn't it be rather a real usb to parallel cable? Is it
    some kind of protocol limitation that the device is unable to perform
    per-pin i/o tasks or maybe the protocol isn't simply fully
    implemented by the device? Or maybe I should use some another protocol
    (and driver) to use advanced (?) functions? The uss720 driver
    complains about usb error -32 (like: get_1284_register: usb error -32
    [but: async_complete: urb error -32 - shouldn't it be USB error? a

    thanks for help

      Last update: 2006-03-07 18:04    [W:0.021 / U:7.244 seconds]