    SubjectRe: Oops [NFS server crash]
    On Monday March 6, wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Firstly stupid me never saw the Bugzilla link first time through. This
    > is now logged under Bug 6172

    You should be aware that bugzilla is not universally popular. I
    hardly ever look at it myself and perfer to deal with issues simply in
    the mailing list.

    > This is a vanilla kernel no patches.

    Thanks for that confirmation. It is always best to be sure.

    > Several attempt were made to start NFS with /etc/init.d/nfs start. I
    > understood this would start portmap. Am I wrong? Possibly my iptables
    > provented it. I have been experimenting with arno firewall.

    The functions in /etc/init.d are very dependant on distribution. I
    gather you are using RedHat, and I know nothing about redhat's init.d.

    However I suspect a badly configured firewall could be an issue and
    disabling the firewall before trying again would be a good idea.

    > Thanks for responding and sorry for logging twice.

    Don't worry about that. Twice is much better than never. It is very
    easy to ignore a second copy of a bug report (when you read
    linux-kernel you have to get good at ignoring things:-)

    > Iain
    > New Zealand

      Last update: 2006-03-06 13:11    [W:0.019 / U:61.000 seconds]