SubjectRe: LibPATA code issues /
Mark Lord wrote:
> David Greaves wrote:
>> Just FYI - I'm away (in Canada) for 2 weeks so can't do any additional
>> testing until I return.
> Am I correct, in that your last test on rc5-git4 was a failure?
It was *much* better than rc4 but it did have an error.
I *think* the problem I'm seeing is likely to be similar to the one I
orginally reported (on 2.6.15 IIRC)
Same sporadic warning/error which didn't usually trigger the
raid-boot-the-disk behaviour that the FUA code seemed to.
> But without the "opcode" display in the error messages,
> so we have no idea exactly what caused the errors (again!)?
Yes. I thought the/a opcode-verbose patch was in there but I guess not.
I don't have remote console access to the machine so wouldn't be able to
carry out reliable kernel tests - sorry.
Of course I'll do this as soon as I return.
> [Whatcha doin up here?]
[:) 2weeks skiing in Whistler (this time - 10 days canadian canoeing in
Algonquin last time!)
Canada's great !!]