SubjectNigel's work and the future of Suspend2.
Date
Hi all.

I'm delighted to announce that I've accepted a call to serve a congregation in
Victoria, Australia, as a Home Missionary elder. As a result, some time in
the next month or two, I will stop working for Cyclades and make the move.

Users of Suspend2 can rest assured that I will not allow the patches to suffer
bitrot. I will be continuing to use them myself, and will therefore have the
best of incentives to keep them up-to-date.

Now for the downside: I won't, however, be making any sort of concerted effort
at getting them merged into the vanilla kernel after my move, and am not
inclined to make a big effort beforehand. Recent discussions on LKML clearly
showed that Pavel doesn't want to see them merged, and I didn't see much in
the way of other kernel developers expressing a desire contrary to Pavel's
wishes. I don't want to waste my time and effort, so I don't see the point to
doing anything but maintaining the patches as they stand.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Cyclades for their employment and
support of the project.

Regards,

Nigel