    SubjectRe: PATA failure with piix, works with libata
    On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 06:40:58PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
    > Matthew Garrett wrote:
    > >Ok, it /seems/ that things are happier (though still not entirely happy)
    > >if I explicitly acknowledge the interrupt by writing the dma status
    > >register back again. This doesn't seem to be done anywhere in the IDE
    > >interrupt routine, but is in the libata one. I'm afraid I don't
    > >understand IDE well enough to have any idea what's going on here - is it
    > >possible that a piix in native mode (rather than legacy mode) and
    > >sharing an interrupt needs some special handling?
    >
    > ICH definitely needs that irq ack...

    Yeah, this is an ICH7. I can't find anything in drivers/ide that would
    result in it being done, which is why I'm kind of confused. ide_ack_intr
    seems to be defined to do nothing on x86 since IDE_ARCH_ACK_INTR isn't
    defined there?

    --
    Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org