SubjectRe: Doubt about scheduler
Raúl Baena wrote:
> Thank you very much Jon. But I think I haven´t explained very well.
>
> I know that now the prio_array and runqueues structs aren´t accesible
> for modules, but in the 2.6.5 version they were. I would like to know
> the reason, why before they were accesible and now they don´t? If you
> could answer me, it would be great.

I don't remember them being available in 2.6.5... but as to why they
aren't available now: it is much cleaner this way. It even benefits
you because now nobody will break your module when they change the
data structure.

> I could to write the reason in my
> university job. (In Spain we have to make a final degree job, and mine
> is about modules in linux (I chose this), I would like to show
> information of the new scheduler, a scheduler monitor, and these fields
> are indispensable for me)

If your task is about modules in Linux, then I don't see how that
involves the scheduler at all?

On the other hand, if you want a scheduler monitor then I can't see
why it would be appropriate to implement as a module (we have schedstats,
which you can read from a userspace program or daemon).

Nick

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.