    SubjectRe: Doubt about scheduler
    Raúl Baena wrote:
    > Thank you very much Jon. But I think I haven´t explained very well.
    > I know that now the prio_array and runqueues structs aren´t accesible
    > for modules, but in the 2.6.5 version they were. I would like to know
    > the reason, why before they were accesible and now they don´t? If you
    > could answer me, it would be great.

    I don't remember them being available in 2.6.5... but as to why they
    aren't available now: it is much cleaner this way. It even benefits
    you because now nobody will break your module when they change the
    data structure.

    > I could to write the reason in my
    > university job. (In Spain we have to make a final degree job, and mine
    > is about modules in linux (I chose this), I would like to show
    > information of the new scheduler, a scheduler monitor, and these fields
    > are indispensable for me)

    If your task is about modules in Linux, then I don't see how that
    involves the scheduler at all?

    On the other hand, if you want a scheduler monitor then I can't see
    why it would be appropriate to implement as a module (we have schedstats,
    which you can read from a userspace program or daemon).

    SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.

      Last update: 2006-03-06 13:10    [W:0.020 / U:4.104 seconds]