    SubjectRe: Synchronizing Bit operations V2
    On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

    > I have to agree with Hans and I'd much prefer making the mode part of
    > the operation's
    > name and not a parameter. Besides being The Right Thing, it saves a
    > lot of typing.

    IMHO It reduces the flexibility of the scheme and makes it not extendable.
    Leads to a large quantity of macros that are difficult to manage.

    Also some higher level functions may want to have the mode passed to them
    as parameters. See f.e. include/linux/buffer_head.h. Without the
    parameters you will have to maintain farms of definitions for all cases.

      Last update: 2006-03-31 02:52    [W:0.029 / U:32.840 seconds]