    SubjectRe: [OT] Non-GCC compilers used for linux userspace
    On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Rob Landley announced authoritatively:
    > I play with Fabrice Bellard's Tiny C Compiler (, and
    > hope to get a distro compiled with it someday, at least as a proof of
    > concept.

    It's a nifty idea, a sort of uClibc of C compilers. Alas it's useless on
    almost all my systems because it's x86-only by design...

    > That aims for full c99 and is already implementing a lot of gcc stuff too.

    Good for it, as long as it doesn't go on to define __GNUC__ like icc did
    at one point (even though it doesn't implement all GCC
    extensions)... but Fabrice is sane so I doubt he'd do anything that

    `Come now, you should know that whenever you plan the duration of your
    unplanned downtime, you should add in padding for random management

      Last update: 2006-03-29 23:27    [W:0.021 / U:2.100 seconds]