SubjectRe: kernel: BUG: soft lockup detected on CPU#0!
On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Paul Risenhoover wrote:

> I have been experiencing a number of networking issues with three
> new machines I have purchased. They are Dell SC1425 machines, each
> with two 64-bit processors. I have attached the dmesg log to this
> email for your review.

Although not it is possibly not directly related to your problem,
I've also experienced soft lockups on CPU#0 with a Dell PE1850 running
Xen unstable and 2.6.16. The BUG caused the machine to instantly
crash and was 100% reproducible by starting an ftp transfer from
a fast server.

After spending a good portion of the day pulling my hair out, I
figured out that the USB controller in Dell PowerEdges is really
flaky and had caused similar problems before. Disabling the USB
controller from BIOS made my problem go away.

--
-=[ Count Zero / TBH - Jussi Hämäläinen - email count@theblah.fi ]=-

  Last update: 2006-03-29 07:02    [W:0.078 / U:7.476 seconds]