SubjectRe: Issues with uli526x networking module
Date
Am Donnerstag Januar 26 2006 12:10 schrieb Nigel Cunningham:
> Hi.
>
> On Thursday 26 January 2006 18:00, Prakash Punnoor wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have some problems with the uli526x driver. (I cc'ed the tulip
> > maintainer, as the driver is found in this category.)
> >
> > - It doesn't detect link when cable is plugged in, if module/driver is
> > loaded with no cable attached. I have to rmmod the module, plug in cable,
> > insmod the module and then set up the interface to get it running. That's
> > the only reason I compiled this driver as a module...(BTW, it is not
> > AMD64 related, as I experienced this also in x86.)
> >
> > - dhcpcd doesn't work. dhclient does though (but it is slow, I can't find
> > the correct parameters to speed it up). The former gets no response from
> > the dhcp server. I don't think it is a problem with the dhcp server, as
> > dhcpcd works from a notebook with some dlink pcmcia 10mbit interface.
> >

> > Beside above, it seems to work fine, though.
>
> I have one too, and have done some work toward implementing power
> management support (working, but needs further work). I've noticed the link
> issue and will see if I can address it too. Regarding dhcpcd, I haven't
> used it, but will see if I can test before sending the patches to Jeff and
> to Peer Chen.

Hi, I am just wondering whether you found out what the issue is with the link
problem. If you have some patch ready (even if it is hackish) I would be
happy to use it.

Anyways, I know you are busy with swsusp2. ;-)

Cheers,
--
(°= =°)
//\ Prakash Punnoor /\\

  Last update: 2006-03-28 19:34    [W:0.053 / U:0.092 seconds]