SubjectRe: [ck] swap prefetching merge plans
Date
On Thursday 23 March 2006 01:04, Con Kolivas wrote:
> For those users who feel they do have a compelling argument for it, please
> speak now or I'll end up maintaining this in -ck only forever. I've come
> to depend on it with my workloads now so I'm never dropping it. There's no
> point me explaining how it is useful yet again, though, because I just end
> up looking like I'm handwaving. It seems a shame for it not to be available
> to all linux users.

Another happy prefetch user chiming in (sadly, without rigorous scientific
research -- my team of monkeys is too busy at the moment). In my case, I have
a gig of RAM, but I'm a pig when it comes to leaving applications open.

Testimonials may not meet the appropriate criteria for merging a patch; I
hope, though, that the aggregate value of these messages, in considering this
issue, is more than that of mere noise.

> Cheers,
> Con

Thanks,
Chase

  Last update: 2006-03-28 08:19    [W:0.220 / U:0.148 seconds]