SubjectRe: [openib-general] Re: 2.6.16-rc6-mm2: new RDMA CM EXPORT_SYMBOL's
Roland Dreier wrote:
> Looking at this list of exports, I do see a couple of things that
> could maybe be improved:
>
> > +EXPORT_SYMBOL(rdma_wq);
> > +EXPORT_SYMBOL(rdma_translate_ip);
> > +EXPORT_SYMBOL(rdma_resolve_ip);
> > +EXPORT_SYMBOL(rdma_addr_cancel);
>
> First, rdma_wq seems like a strange internal thing to be exporting.
> Sean, why does more than one module need to use the same workqueue?

This is simply an attempt to reduce/combine work queues used by the Infiniband
code. This keeps the threading a little simpler in the rdma_cm, since all
callbacks are invoked using the same work queue. (I'm also using this with the
local SA/multicast code, but that's not ready for merging.)

> Second, the naming of rdma_addr_cancel() is not that symmetric with
> the rdma_{translate,resolve}_ip() functions. Unfortunately I'm just
> clever enough to criticize, not clever enough to come up with a better
> suggestion.

rdma_resolve_ip() is the operation actually being canceled if that makes it
easier to come up with a better name.

- Sean

  Last update: 2006-03-20 20:21    [W:0.204 / U:0.056 seconds]