SubjectRe: Idea to create a elf executable from running program [process2executable]
> Why don't you let execve() finish its job before modifying the mapping ?
> Once execve returns, the segments are mapped and you are free to remap them
> however you want and fill them in with a state previously saved on disk.

I dont want to remap myself after execve() because considering the
potential problem of ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomization), since
the segments may contain sections merged into it especially the
segments with permissions 'rw-p' has .dynamic, .got sections merged
into it so if I do that after execve the .dynamic and .got are put
back with the old contents which crashes.

So I want to write the all the virtual adress mappings as PT_LOAD
segments and leave the mapping job to the elf loader itself.

Thank you,
Vamsi kundeti

  Last update: 2006-03-20 09:44    [W:0.056 / U:2.920 seconds]