    SubjectRe: Idea: Automatic binary driver compiling system
    On 3/19/06, Benjamin Bach <> wrote:
    > Anyways, I'm very happy with the combination of intelligence and
    > idealism on this list, and suddenly I feel more attracted to writing a
    > driver instead. For my Rio Karma mp3 player. It's a USB thing.. should
    > be do-able in 3 months even though I've never written a driver.

    Writing a GPL'ed driver sounds like a great project.

    For a USB device I'd suggest you take a look at libusb for writing a
    userspace driver as opposed to a kernelspace one. Userspace drivers
    for USB devices are often preferable.

    Also take a look at a few documents in the Documentation/ dir in the
    kernel source:

    If you can get docs for the device (or are able to reverse engineer
    it) and get a driver done, more power to you. :-)

    > Cheers everybody, and thanks for sharing! =)
    > / Benjamin
    > Arjan van de Ven wrote:

    Top-posting is generally frawned upon on the list as it's annoying and
    makes threads hard to read. Please consider changing that habbit.

    Jesper Juhl <>
    Don't top-post
    Plain text mails only, please

      Last update: 2006-03-19 12:57    [W:0.020 / U:2.952 seconds]