    SubjectRe: 2.6.16-rc6: known regressions (v2)

    On Friday 17 March 2006 14:36, Adrian Bunk wrote:
    > This email lists some known regressions in 2.6.16-rc6 compared to 2.6.15.
    > If you find your name in the Cc header, you are either submitter of one
    > of the bugs, maintainer of an affectected subsystem or driver, a patch
    > of you was declared guilty for a breakage or I'm considering you in any
    > other way possibly involved with one or more of these issues.
    > Due to the huge amount of recipients, please trim the Cc when answering.

    > Subject : XFS oopses on my box sometimes

    Hi Adrian, Nathan and all,

    If think I might have hit this one!
    I managed to get an oops which showed xfs related functions on the backtrace.
    The process involved was "rm" and the specific stress test was some 32
    paralell kernel builds (each one with "make -j8") on a quad Opteron box with
    a 1 TB xfs filesystem. Preemption was disabled.

    After that the machine was still alive, but an fsck.xfs after a reboot showed
    corruption that I was able to repair with xfs_repair. This was also with an
    almost empty filesystem, hence the similarity with the above bug report.

    This was sometime ago, using the git tree from February 23 and unfortunately
    I didn't record the oops and output from xfs_repair. I'll update my git tree
    tonight, rebuild and retest in hopes to find that oops again. FWIW I managed
    to hit this after some 4 to 6 hours of testing so it shouldn't take too long
    to report back.

    See you later...

    Best regards

    Claudio Martins

      Last update: 2006-03-18 22:00    [W:0.026 / U:19.284 seconds]