SubjectRe: [patch] mspec - special memory driver and do_no_pfn handler
Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Quite frankly, I don't think nopfn() is a good interface. It's only usable
> for one single thing, so trying to claim that it's a generic VM op is
> really not valid. If (and that's a big if) we need this interface, we
> should just do it inside mm/memory.c instead of playing games as if it was
> generic.
Execute in place would be the second single thing we'll need it for. Also,
I remember a statement from Anrd that it has value for SPUfs on Cell which
does count as singe thing #3. With three single things at hand, I believe
there is some sense in makeing it "a generic thing".