    SubjectRe: [patch] mspec - special memory driver and do_no_pfn handler
    Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > Quite frankly, I don't think nopfn() is a good interface. It's only usable
    > for one single thing, so trying to claim that it's a generic VM op is
    > really not valid. If (and that's a big if) we need this interface, we
    > should just do it inside mm/memory.c instead of playing games as if it was
    > generic.
    Execute in place would be the second single thing we'll need it for. Also,
    I remember a statement from Anrd that it has value for SPUfs on Cell which
    does count as singe thing #3. With three single things at hand, I believe
    there is some sense in makeing it "a generic thing".

      Last update: 2006-03-17 13:31    [W:0.020 / U:8.596 seconds]