    SubjectRe: [Bug? Report] kref problem

    Greg KH wrote:
    > Don't statically create kobjects, it's not nice. But the real problem
    > is below...

    Well, that was just an example...

    But in real life I do use a static kobject in one case, so I'm very
    interested what should I do instead. I have a subsystem, and I want it
    to put all its stuff in a /sys/A directory. So I just define a static
    kobject for A and assign a dummy release function to it. Why is this bad?

    And what should I do instead? kmalloc(sizeof(struct kobject),
    GFP_KERNEL) ? I do not have a dynamic structure corresponding to my
    module. I have many data structures corresponding to entities my object
    handles and I have one static array which refers them. All is simple. I
    do not want to introduce a dynamic data structure corresponding to the
    subsystem as a whole just in order to not use static kobjects.

    Comments?

    --
    Best Regards,
    Artem B. Bityutskiy,