SubjectRe: [2.6.16-rc6 patch] remove sleep_avg multiplier
On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 21:10 +1100, Con Kolivas wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 March 2006 21:05, Con Kolivas wrote:

> > > looks good to me. The biggest complaint against the current scheduler is
> > > over-eager interactivity boosting - this patch moderates that in a
> > > smooth way.
> >
> > I actually think Mike is right about the change, but has anyone else tested
> > this patch to also confirm "it has no negative impact" warranting it's
> > rapid inclusion in 2.6.16?
>
> /me smacks himself for misusing "it's"
>
> How about an interbench run before and after Mike?

Nothing against interbench, but how about something more concrete...
like a very modest parallel kernel compile in a slow NFS mount. No need
to interpret results, it pokes you dead in the eye.

With my full change set, you _will_ see differences with interbench.
Interbench will say you're better off without my changes in fact. Run
any of the known scheduler exploits without my changes, and then with,
and you'll likely consider revising interbench a little methinks ;-)

-Mike

  Last update: 2006-03-14 12:57    [W:0.040 / U:0.896 seconds]