SubjectRe: How do I get the ext3 driver to shut up?
Date
On Monday 13 March 2006 10:30 pm, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:18:39 -0500 Rob Landley wrote:
> > I'm making a test suite for busybox mount, which does filesystem
> > autodetection the easy way (try all the ones in /etc/filesystems and
> > /proc/filesystems until one of them succeeds). My test code is creating
> > and mounting vfat and ext2 filesystems.
> >
> > Guess which device driver feels a bit chatty?
> >
> > PASS: mount no proc [GNUFAIL]
> > PASS: mount /proc
> > PASS: mount list1
> > VFS: Can't find ext3 filesystem on dev loop0.
> > PASS: mount vfat image (autodetect type)
> > ext3: No journal on filesystem on loop1
> > PASS: mount ext2 image (autodetect type)
> > PASS: mount remount ext2 image noatime
> > PASS: mount remount ext2 image ro remembers noatime
> > ext3: No journal on filesystem on loop0
> > PASS: umount freed loop device
> > PASS: mount remount nonexistent directory
> > PASS: mount -a no fstab
>
> Hrm, yes, 2 of those lines do come from ext3.

Three, actually.

> Where do the rest of them come from?

My half-finished regression test suite for busybox mount. I just rewrote the
busybox "mount" command to fix a half-dozen bugs (the hardest of which was
making it properly reentrant so "mount -a" behaves properly). And I
basically had to derive a spec for mount from first principles (which I've
halfway written up, should probably finish and post somewhere), and now I'm
writing The Regression Test Of Doom.

It runs under User Mode Linux, so it has a nice little clean root environment
to work in and there's no worry about cleanup for when I typo something in
the script and it crashes halfway through, because when the UML environment
exits it takes its current mounts with it. Eventually I'll probably get it
to run under a normal root environment...

Let's see... Tarball attached, and I've been running it with:
~/linux-2.6.16-rc5/linux rootfstype=hostfs rw \
init=/home/landley/busybox/busybox/testsuite/mount.testroot \
TESTDIR=/home/landley/busybox/busybox/testsuite COMMAND=./mount quiet

Rob
[unhandled content-type:application/x-tgz]

  Last update: 2006-03-14 17:35    [W:0.082 / U:1.012 seconds]