SubjectRe: [future of drivers?] a proposal for binary drivers.
#include <hallo.h>
* Dave Neuer [Thu, Mar 09 2006, 03:22:29PM]:

> But I stand by my assertion: many kernel developers on record stating
> that they don't want their work used in binary-only modules, and the
> reason that this hasn't been decided by a court yet is no sufficiently
> deep-pocketed plaintiff (independantly wealthy kernel hackers or a big
> corporation with copyright interest in the kernel) has decided to sue,
> yet.

Strongly following this attitude they need to expand the current
MODULE_LICENSE insanity into userspace. The are lots of evil powers,
using non-GPL-ed software which calls the holy GPLed syscall handlers.

Honestly, using double standards this way sucks. The last strike I
stubled over was putting class device registration methods into the GPL
"enforcing" macros, cloacked as mandatory interface changes.

This is no longer funny, it is on the same level as drawing a line
around the toilet box and saying: you cannot use it any longer, go and
piss somewhere else even if you have to search two hours for a suitable
place.

Eduard.

--
Captain John Sheridan: No surrender, no retreat.
-- Quotes from Babylon 5 --