    SubjectRe: [patch] i386: port ATI timer fix from x86_64 to i386

    (Cc: fixed. Please send me a copy of your MUA so I can ritually disembowel
    it).

    Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de> wrote:

    > Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org> writes:
    >
    > > Chuck Ebbert <76306.1226@compuserve.com> wrote:
    > > >
    > > > This fixes the "timer runs too fast" bug on ATI chipsets (bugzilla #3927).
    > >
    > > Wonderful, thanks. What's the relationship (if any) between this and the
    > > recently-merged x86_64 fix?
    >
    > He just ported the x86-64 change over without any original authorship
    > attribution :/

    Yup. And he proved that I am incapable of understanding a simple email

    > And some less functionality (only works for ACPI now) and some totally
    > unrelated Documentation cleanup and a few random printk changes.
    >
    > The ACPI only thing is probably mostly ok because the timing won't work
    > at least on the dual cores without ACPI anyways because PMtimer is needed.
    > On single cores it would be useful even without ACPI
    > (for that earlyquirk.c just would need to be moved up to run independently
    > of ACPI)
    >
    > Still it's probably a good idea for 2.6.16.

    Well.. the patch had a flagrant won't-compile if CONFIG_X86_IO_APIC=y, so
    I'd consider it a bit green.

      Last update: 2006-03-01 11:57    [W:0.189 / U:3.952 seconds]