    "Jim Crilly" <jim@why.dont.jablowme.net> wrote:

    > > You just verify that you don't listen...
    >
    > Yes, I have been listening and I haven't seen you list one reason why
    > cdrecord absolutely has to use SCSI IDs when fsck can get away with using
    > /dev/blah just fine.

    Are you _really_ missing basic know how to understand that fsck is using the
    block layer of a virtual "block device" emulated by UNIX while libscg is
    offering _direct_ acces to _any_ type of device allowing you to send _commands_
    understood by the device?

    fsck is just sending abstract instructions to a virtual device and does
    not care about

    Please explain me:

    - how to use /dev/hd* in order to scan an image from a scanner

    - how to use /dev/hd* in order to talk to a CPU device

    - how to use /dev/hd* in order to talk to a tape device

    - how to use /dev/hd* in order to talk to a printer

    - how to use /dev/hd* in order to talk to a jukebox

    - how to use /dev/hd* in order to talk to a graphical device

    Jörg

    js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)