    SubjectRe: file system question
    Date
    kapil a <kapilann@gmail.com> wrote:
    > When i did some debugging i found that filldir which is suppose to
    > fill the dirent with the directory entries does its job. My filesystem
    > currently has only one inode with one block of data where i have a
    > ".", ".." and "test" written into it.
    >
    > The problem is it does not go further to do some of the other calls as
    > in a mountpoint in ext2 file system.

    in that case ls is missing something, maybe a count, a size, filetype,
    permission... why dont you debug ls to see where it is exiting? I mean if
    you write kernel mode code one could expect that you can step through a user
    mode tool?

    Gruss
    Bernd

      Last update: 2006-02-09 02:18    [W:0.020 / U:0.232 seconds]