    SubjectRe: Terminate process that fails on a constrained allocation
    On Wednesday 08 February 2006 21:55, Paul Jackson wrote:

    > If that argument justifies OOM killing on a simple UMA system, then
    > surely, for -some- critical tasks, it justifies it on a big NUMA system.
    > Either OOM is useful in some cases or it is not.

    I don't think you really want to open a full scale "is the oom killer needed"
    thread. Check the archives - there have been some going on for months.

    But I think we can agree that together with mbind the oom killer is pretty
    useless, can't we?

    -Andi (who is definitely in favour of Christoph's latest patch)

      Last update: 2006-02-08 22:04    [W:0.020 / U:44.088 seconds]