    Subjectfsck: i_blocks is xxx should be yyy on ext3
    Today I rebooted into 2.6.16-rc2-mm1.  Fsck checked a "clean" ext3 fs,
    because it was many mounts since the last time.

    I have seen that many times, but this time I got a lot of
    "i_blocks is xxx, should be yyy fix?"

    In all cases, the blocks were fixed to a lower number.

    I did a init 1, and checked the other filesystems.
    It was the same everywhere, some i_blocks had do be fixed, and
    the superblock was last updated in the future.

    Is this normal somehow, or has something strange happened to ext3 lately?
    I have experimented with the "barrier" option, but it gets disabled
    because barrier based sync fails on the devices. May this cause silent
    errors? I thought I simply didn't get the advantages of barriers.
    data=writeback made no difference from the default data=journal,
    all filesystems had these wrong i_blocks.

    Helge Hafting

      Last update: 2006-02-08 15:57    [W:0.018 / U:19.908 seconds]