    SubjectRe: 2.6.15 Bug? New security model?
    Date
    CC'ed also the reiser-list

    On Wednesday 08 February 2006 06:37, John M Flinchbaugh wrote:
    > On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 02:31:46PM +1300, Sam Vilain wrote:
    > > Bernd Schubert wrote:
    > > >With 2.6.15:
    > > >bathl:~# touch /var/run/test
    > > >touch: cannot touch `/var/run/test': Permission denied
    > > >With 2.6.13:
    > > >bathl:~# touch /var/run/test
    > > >(No error message)
    > >
    > > Some ideas; ACLs, SELinux, Attributes, Capabilities.
    >
    > lsattr -d /var/run && lsattr /var/run

    Indeed, with 2.6.13

    bathl:~# lsattr -d /var/run
    lsattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device While reading flags on /var/run

    with 2.6.15.3

    bathl:~# cat lsatr.out.2.6.15
    --S-ia-AcBZXEj-t- /var/run

    After the problem came up, I already suspected something like this and
    therefore already had the kernel recompiled without xattr support, so I
    don't know why lsattr shows something for 2.6.15 and nothing for 2.6.13.

    here the reiser part from the kernel config of 2.6.13

    CONFIG_REISERFS_FS=y
    # CONFIG_REISERFS_CHECK is not set
    CONFIG_REISERFS_PROC_INFO=y
    CONFIG_REISERFS_FS_XATTR=y
    CONFIG_REISERFS_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
    CONFIG_REISERFS_FS_SECURITY=y
    # CONFIG_JFS_FS is not set
    CONFIG_FS_POSIX_ACL=y

    here 2.6.15

    CONFIG_REISERFS_FS=y
    # CONFIG_REISERFS_CHECK is not set
    CONFIG_REISERFS_PROC_INFO=y
    # CONFIG_REISERFS_FS_XATTR is not set
    # CONFIG_JFS_FS is not set
    CONFIG_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
    # CONFIG_XFS_FS is not set
    # CONFIG_MINIX_FS is not set
    # CONFIG_ROMFS_FS is not set

    Anyway, I never set any attributes using chattr, so these seem to be random
    attributes, nice.

    --
    Bernd Schubert
    PCI / Theoretische Chemie