SubjectRe: man-pages-2.22 is released
> On Monday, February 6, 2006 2:59 pm, Michael Kerrisk wrote:
> > > Wouldn't it be easier for you to keep them up to date if sections 2,
> > > 4, and parts of 5 were included in the kernel source tree?
> > > Documentation updates could be enforced as part of the patch
> > > process--all you'd have to do is NAK patches that modified userland
> > > interfaces if they didn't contain documentation updates (and I'm
> > > sure others would help you with that task).
> >
> > Life is not so simple, as I think we discussed when you made
> > a similar comment after my man-pages-2.08 release. Maybe the
> > system can be improved still. Currently Andrew Morton is being
> > rather good about CCing me on patches that are likely to need
> > man-pages changes. (Thanks Andrew!)
>
> Yeah, vigilance is key; maybe I'm wrong that putting the kernel stuff
> into the kernel tree would help, but it's worth a try, don't you
> think? :)

There is no simple solution to this problem, but I will
give it some thought one day...

Cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk
maintainer of Linux man pages Sections 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7

Want to help with man page maintenance?
Grab the latest tarball at
ftp://ftp.win.tue.nl/pub/linux-local/manpages/,
read the HOWTOHELP file and grep the source
files for 'FIXME'.

  Last update: 2006-02-07 05:45    [W:0.050 / U:0.616 seconds]