SubjectRE: [linux-usb-devel] Re: ATI RS480-based motherboard: stuck while booting with kernel >= 2.6.15 rc1
Hi Dave,

As far as I recall, some BIOSes can be stuck at handoff forever
waiting for SMI if this is not enabled. No doubt BIOS bug, and seems
like work around brakes some other systems, grrr...

>Even in cases when the boot firmware says it's not using EHCI ...
That's what I do not understand. SOOE is enabled only if BIOS ownes
EHCI - check for ECHI_USBLEGSUP_BIOS in previous 'if' statement. Am I
missing something ?

Thanks,
Aleks.

>easy to imagine that causing hangage.
>

>Maybe this time it'd help to tell your BIOS "yes, DO use USB".
>Or, the attached patch might help. Please try both experiments.
>
>- Dave

  Last update: 2006-02-07 03:05    [W:0.063 / U:0.028 seconds]