    SubjectRe: man-pages-2.22 is released

    Life is not so simple, as I think we discussed when you made
    a similar comment after my man-pages-2.08 release. Maybe the
    system can be improved still. Currently Andrew Morton is being
    rather good about CCing me on patches that are likely to need
    man-pages changes. (Thanks Andrew!)

    > Likewise with the glibc stuff. Doesn't it belong with the glibc project?
    > Wouldn't that make more sense, both from a packaging and maintenance
    > perspective?

    Not really -- glibc has a differnt philosophy about documentation
    (less focus on historical information and less comparison
    with other Unix systems, as far as I can see), and uses info(1),
    not man(1).

    > Either way, thanks a lot for keeping the pages in good shape, it's much
    > appreciated.

    You're welcome. Several people help. More help is
    always welcome.

    Cheers,

    Michael

    --
    Michael Kerrisk
    maintainer of Linux man pages Sections 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7

    Want to help with man page maintenance?
    Grab the latest tarball at
    ftp://ftp.win.tue.nl/pub/linux-local/manpages/,
    read the HOWTOHELP file and grep the source
    files for 'FIXME'.

      Last update: 2006-02-07 00:02    [W:3.609 / U:0.360 seconds]