    Krzysztof Halasa <> wrote:

    > "Jim Crilly" <> writes:
    > > A bug in HAL is not a bug in Linux. If the HAL people need to make some
    > > changes to their daemon to make it play nice with cdrecord and the like
    > > that's fine, but telling people here makes no sense.
    > Does that mean that hald doesn't actually play nice with cdrecord?

    I cannot speak from own experiences on Linux here, but this is what I see:

    - If you check Linux distributions for related bug reports,
    you find many problems with hald.

    - If you try to find similar bug reports for Solaris vold, there is
    no report I am aware of.

    Trying to rate this would make me asume that hald could be changed to play
    better with cdrecord.

    -- (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin (uni) (work) Blog:

      Last update: 2006-02-03 20:01    [W:0.020 / U:6.496 seconds]