Krzysztof Halasa <khc@pm.waw.pl> wrote:

> "Jim Crilly" <jim@why.dont.jablowme.net> writes:
>
> > A bug in HAL is not a bug in Linux. If the HAL people need to make some
> > changes to their daemon to make it play nice with cdrecord and the like
> > that's fine, but telling people here makes no sense.
>
> Does that mean that hald doesn't actually play nice with cdrecord?

I cannot speak from own experiences on Linux here, but this is what I see:

- If you check Linux distributions for related bug reports,
you find many problems with hald.

- If you try to find similar bug reports for Solaris vold, there is
no report I am aware of.

Trying to rate this would make me asume that hald could be changed to play
better with cdrecord.

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)