SubjectRe: WLAN drivers
Hi Takis!

2006/2/3, Panagiotis Issaris <takis.issaris@uhasselt.be>:
> And now the reason I'm sending this to this mailing list: Which wireless
> network cards are you all using and which ones would you recommend? Is
> anyone using USB wireless network cards (without using ndiswrapper)?

I can recommend RalinkTech-based USB dongles. I have an Asus WL-167g
running 24/7 in ad-hoc mode with the "oldgen" driver. It's quite
stable, which means that I once in a few weeks have to unload/reload
the driver to get it working again. Might be ad-hoc-related which is
problematic with many drivers I saw so far. The driver project
(http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com) currently aims at a cleaner revison,
but that one is not yet usable.

Additionally, RalinkTech is quite open towards the community. We
easily got support for an ongoing work to write an RTnet rt2500 driver
- low-level real-time WLAN hacking...

Cheers,
Jan

  Last update: 2006-02-03 19:52    [W:0.177 / U:0.244 seconds]