    > > > Subject : usb_submit_urb(ctrl) failed on 2.6.16-rc4-git10 kernel
    > > > Subject : total ps2 keyboard lockup from boot
    > >
    > > It appears that Duncan's "total ps2 keyboard lockup from boot" is the
    > > same, or similar problem as mine.
    > > kernel is working for me though.
    > Except one of the keyboards is USB and the other PS/2. Both are
    > Microsoft wireless, though.

    As Ryan observes in his bug, the keyboard and mouse were both plugged into the
    ps2 ports. Same keyboard, both amd64, both with both the mouse and keyboard
    plugged into the ps2 ports, both with a dead keyboard before rc1. As he says,
    evidence suggests it is indeed the same bug. Also, we're both on Gentoo, but
    that could simply be due to the fact that Gentoo folks are probably more
    likely to be running rc or even git kernels than most, due to the type of
    distribution it is and GregKH's recently adding mainline git snapshots to the
    package tree to encourage quicker testing.

    One discrepancy so far: Ryan mentions git10, implying it failed for him, while
    git10 works here but git11 fails. My guess is that the USB error he
    originally keyed in on, that turned out to be happening with working kernels
    too, sent him down the wrong path, and git10 will end up working for him.
    Either that or the root issue is something that changed in git10, and then
    again in git11, killing his one day and mine the next, due to the mobo
    differences or something.

    Duncan - Plain text mail please, HTML mail filtered as spam
    Benjamin Franklin

      Last update: 2006-02-27 10:17    [W:0.023 / U:9.688 seconds]