SubjectRe: GFS2 Filesystem [0/16]
Hi,

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 21:35 +0000, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > b) The .gfs2_admin directory exposes the internal files that GFS uses
> > to store various bits of file system related information. This means
> > that we've been able to remove virtually all the ioctl() calls from
> > GFS2. There is one ioctl() call left which relates to
> > getting/setting GFS2 specific flags on files. The various GFS2 tools
> > will be updated in due course to use this new interface.
>
> Without even looking at the code a strong NACK here. This is polluting
> the namespace which is not acceptable. Please implement a second
> filesystem type gfsmeta to do this kind of admin work. Search for ext2meta
> which did something similar. Or use a completely different approach,
> I'd need to look at the actual functionality provided to give a better
> advice, but currently I'm lacking the time for that.

Of all the comments we've received so far, this one raises the most
issues for us. Let me think about this one for a day or two and I'll get
back to you. Ideally we'd like to do it the way you propose, but I need
to check that it doesn't raise any other problems before I commit to
actually doing it,

Steve.

  Last update: 2006-02-27 10:00    [W:0.164 / U:0.240 seconds]