SubjectRE: 2.6.16-rc4-mm2 configs

>> >are default n.
>> >
>> >Because I got heartily sick of losing the setting each time I
>> >went back to a mainline kernel and did `make oldconfig'.
>>
>> IIR the recommendation from Roman on these things was
>> to remove the default entirely. If you have a favorite
>> .config file with =m in it, then make oldconfig should
>> preserve that choice.
>>

>Nope. Once you remove the Kconfig entry entirely (ie: go back to a
>mainline kernel), `make oldconfig' will rub that config entry out
>completely.

You're deleting the .config entirely and running "make oldconfig"
from scratch?

Hmmm, I always keep my sane .config around and run "make oldconfig"
on top of it in the context of the new kernel. That preserves
my non-default selections.

-Len

  Last update: 2006-02-27 08:32    [W:0.041 / U:0.164 seconds]