    SubjectRe: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 DMA question
    On 2/26/06, Mark Lord <> wrote:
    > Jesper Juhl wrote:
    > >
    > > Or how about an option for the IDE driver to "not do that" that people
    > > could enable if needed/wanted?
    > > Or just change the code to "not do that" since we are no longer in the
    > > mid-1990s?
    > Well, yes. That's what I would do, were I still maintaining the IDE layer.
    > But that code has become so twisted and confused since then,
    > that a change like this is probably too risky/challenging for
    > the current maintainers. It seems really easy to break stuff
    > when touching parts of that code now, and people don't like it
    > much when their hard drives get corrupted.
    > But perhaps someone may successfully implement this.
    Unfortunately my machines only have SCSI devices, so I'd have no way
    to actually test a patch, otherwise I'd be happy to give it a shot - a
    parameter to disable the behaviour shouldn't be too difficult to
    implement, and if the default stays as the current behaviour then it
    shouldn't be too controversial.
    I wouldn't mind trying to hack up a patch, but it would be untested...

    Jesper Juhl <>
    Don't top-post
    Plain text mails only, please

      Last update: 2006-02-26 18:19    [W:0.039 / U:24.444 seconds]