SubjectRe: creating live virtual files by concatenation
Date
hi, I think it is a good idea but there has been quite a long discusion of
this issue on the reiserfs-list (some of it also on lkml) in the last few
years, with the latest posts in May 2005 I think, most of ithem with the
"file as directory" subject . The idea was if you have e.g. a "book"
directory/file (object) and chapters within it, then the default action of
"book" object when read as a file would be to give a concatenation of the
chapter objects within it. There should be ways of specifying non-default
actions for the objects too. There has also been a lot a resistance here to
this idea, as it is quite a radical change to the concept of the conventional
unstructured, serial "file". (I don't believe these are good reason not to
try the idea at least.)
Read those mails first. Peter

On Saturday 25 February 2006 14:37, Maciej Soltysiak wrote:
> I have this idea about creating sort of a virtual file.

  Last update: 2006-02-25 18:44    [W:0.085 / U:0.212 seconds]