    SubjectRe: 2.6.16-rc4-mm2: drivers/rtc/utils.c should become part of a generic implementation
    On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 04:31:18 +0100
    Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de> wrote:

    > Always building drivers/rtc/utils.o even if no RTC support is enabled
    > seems to be a workaround for an issue that should instead be fixed
    > properly:
    >
    > The code in e.g. fs/udf/udftime.c or drivers/scsi/ips.c has some
    > overlaps with what you are adding (they are not doing exactly the
    > same, but there are overlaps).
    >
    > We should have one common set of defines/inlines/functions dealing with
    > all these time conversion, leap year, length of months/years etc. issues
    > instead of adding one more implementation in this area.

    I agree. My idea was to place those routines in utils.o and then
    modify callers, like udftime.c and ips.c to use them. What is currently
    in utils.c has been gathered from files that were known to me,
    lice rtctime.c in the arm arch and some rtc drivers. Once deployed,
    it will be easier to find and convert similar routines.y

    --

    Best regards,

    Alessandro Zummo,
    Tower Technologies - Turin, Italy

    http://www.towertech.it

      Last update: 2006-02-25 05:49    [W:2.247 / U:0.096 seconds]