SubjectRe: [OT] portable Makefiles (was: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest))
Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de> wrote:

> Joerg Schilling schrieb am 2006-02-22:
>
> > > - run Solaris' /usr/{ccs,xpg4}/bin/make
> > > to find out if your Makefile is portable
> >
> > Solaris make does not write useful error messages in case of non-portable
> > makefiles.
>
> Sun Microsystems do not advertise their make tool as Makefile
> portability validator. Note the difference: each tool is held to its
> own standards.

I do not advertize smake as makefile validator either.

It would help a lot, if people on LKML would not repeatedly impute me things I
never said....

Smake helps to find non-portable code, this is something completely different!

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)