    SubjectRe: [patch 0/3] New dock patches
    On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 22:05 +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > > Hello, this is a new set of docking station patches which replaces
    > > the old docking station patches. It applies to 2.6.16-rc4-mm1. It
    > > is new and improved over the old version, in that it can now handle
    > > laptops which define docking stations outside of the scope of PCI.
    > >
    > > Thanks to everyone who provided feedback on the original patches, and
    > > especially to Pavel who is the only brave soul to test these patches
    > > out so far :). As always, I would appreciate feedback on these
    > > patches.
    >
    > I tested the new version from today... it works okay. It produces some
    > weird messages:
    >
    > acpiphp: Slot [4294967295] registered
    > ACPI Exception (acpi_bus-0072): AE_NOT_FOUND, No context for object
    > [c1d081e8] [20060210]
    > PCI: Found IBM Dock II Cardbus Bridge applying quirk
    > PCI: Found IBM Dock II Cardbus Bridge applying quirk
    > PCI: Transparent bridge - 0000:02:03.0
    > PCI: Bus #0c (-#0f) is hidden behind transparent bridge #02 (-#0b)
    > Please report the result to linux-kernel to fix this permanently
    > PCI: Bus #10 (-#13) is hidden behind transparent bridge #02 (-#0b)
    > Please report the result to linux-kernel to fix this permanently
    > ACPI Exception (acpi_bus-0072): AE_NOT_FOUND, No context for object
    > [c1d02368] [20060210]
    >
    > Could the code be fixed not to start numbering slots from -1?
    >
    > Pavel

    Yeah, the problem is that laptops don't implement _SUN, which is used
    for the slot numbering by the existing acpiphp code. So the slot number
    will read -1 if _SUN is missing. I'm not sure if 0 is a valid slot
    number, and I wasn't sure if that would make sense either. I think that
    I'm going to have to provide a separate user space interface to the dock
    anyway, since we now know that it's possible to have a dock station that
    has no pci slots at all.

      Last update: 2006-02-23 22:38    [W:0.023 / U:89.576 seconds]