    SubjectRe: Stuck creating sysfs hooks for a driver..
    Jean Delvare wrote:

    >Hi Kaiwan,
    >
    >You must stay away from writing a driver for the board itself. What you
    >must write is in fact two different drivers:
    >
    >1* A driver for the SPI interface of your board (basically a parallel
    >port <-> SPI bridge). This driver will expose the device as an SPI bus
    >to the rest of the kernel. This driver doesn't care about what chip is
    >plugged on it.
    >
    >2* A driver for the LM70 temperature sensor chip, which doesn't care
    >about the chip location. This driver will use generic SPI commands as
    >offered by the spi kernel interface.

    Ok, i see your point..

    >It's really not a matter of how many features a chip has. Look at the
    >lm75 or w83l785ts driver, you'll see they have very few features as
    >well. It's a matter of having a common standard for exporting the
    >values to user-space, so that the same library or application can
    >handle all sources with minimum effort.

    Yes, again..
    I shall start looking into these aspects & workin on it in the coming
    week..am up to my ears in other stuff right now..
    though how exactly i don;t know now :) ; will certainly require your
    (and others) help on this..

    >Thanks,

    Thank you, your long reply was very enlightening;
    Kaiwan.

      Last update: 2006-02-21 07:20    [W:0.028 / U:2.300 seconds]