SubjectRe: + daemonize-detach-from-current-namespace.patch added to -mm tree
ebiederm@xmission.com (Eric W. Biederman) writes:

> Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org> writes:
>

> Thanks. This sounds worth investigating.

Ok I after looking I agree that the kthread API is the way to go long term.
If no one beats me to it I will look at this after I get some of pending
patches merged.

I am still concerned that we might want to launch user space processes
in non-default namespace but it is almost certainly not guaranteed to
be the namespace from where we see the event happen, so inheriting the
namespace in the wrong thing in all cases I can think of.

Eric

  Last update: 2006-02-21 01:35    [W:0.861 / U:0.416 seconds]