SubjectRe: Mozilla Thunderbird posting instructions wanted
Date
On Monday 20 February 2006 21:12, Sam Vilain wrote:
> Alexey Dobriyan wrote:
> > This POS is pretty popular among kernel janitors, so, can someone who
> > is successfully using it, please, post crystally clear step-by-step
> > instructions on how to send a foo.patch:
> > inline
> > with tabs preserved
> > with long lines preserved
> >
> > Sending plain text attachments is OK with me, but, heh, people do post
> > patches inline and screw themselves.
> >
> > I'll put instructions somewhere on -kj website and point every
> > unsuspecting new guy to them.
>
> Evolution has an option for setting the Content-Disposition: inline
> header on individual attachments; I haven't seen the same option in
> thunderbird.

Many clients have this feature, although it does not end up being presented by
the client as quotable text. Read: any form of attachment is suboptimal.

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

'No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway.'
Third year Computer Science undergraduate.