    SubjectRe: Flames over -- Re: Which is simpler?
    > >since there's no difference (as far as the kernel can see) between power
    > >loss on the bus and an actual unplug, you can hardly say that one should
    > >be allowed and the other not.
    > But there _IS_ a difference between power loss and actual unplug, so
    > I very well can say one is allowed and the other is not. The fact that
    > the kernel can not tell the difference is simply a limitation that must
    > be dealt with.

    Kernel can not tell the diference, and just because you don't like the
    behaviour does not mean we have to work around hardware limitation.

    You deal with it. Post a patch.
    Web maintainer for ( wanted...

      Last update: 2006-02-19 20:46    [W:0.019 / U:20.708 seconds]