    SubjectRe: don't bother users with unimportant messages.
    On Sunday 19 February 2006 03:29, Dave Jones wrote:
    >On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 08:15:23AM +0000, Russell King wrote:
    > > On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 08:09:10PM -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
    > > > When users see these printed to the console, they think
    > > > something is wrong. As it's just informational and something
    > > > that only developers care about, lower the printk level.
    > >
    > > If you're getting complaints about this, wouldn't it be better to
    > > forward them here so that they can be fixed up?
    >w83627hf, and probably other drivers from drivers/hwmon/
    > > The thing about this particular message is that if you see it, the
    > > driver will _not_ work properly, so it's actually more than a
    > > "debugging" message. It's telling you why driver FOO doesn't work.
    >I'm pretty certain this driver _was_ working fine before this change.
    > Dave
    I got an advisory about w83627hf in my logs, but not from the rc4
    reboot. The previous ones were:
    Feb 13 00:31:18 coyote kernel: Driver 'w83627hf' needs updating - please
    use bus_type methods
    Feb 13 00:36:20 coyote kernel: Driver 'w83627hf' needs updating - please
    use bus_type methods

    Two quick reboots there, the first one would have been rc2, I forgot to
    update grub.conf :(

    which would have been booted to rc2 and 3, not rc4. I believe they
    started at rc1 but I won't swear to that. gkrellm and sensors are both
    working albeit sensors is saying C for the diode in the cpu when it
    should be F

    gkrellm-2.28 is displaying it correctly though.

    So apparently something has been updated with rc4?

    Cheers, Gene
    stupid bounce rules. I do use spamassassin too. :-) and AOL/TW attorneys please note, additions to the above
    message by Gene Heskett are:

      Last update: 2006-02-19 21:37    [W:0.065 / U:4.620 seconds]