Hello!

> I encourage you to read the previous mails, this has been explained for more
> than ten times now.....

Maybe the problem lies in nobody except you considering it an explanation.

E.g., your theory about Linux breaking POSIX has been disproved pretty quickly.

Feel free to consider the Linux interface silly or badly designed, that's
everybody's right, but please keep in mind that as long as you are unable to point
to any *real* problems with it, it's just your opinion not shared by most of
the other people, including the maintainers of the said subsystems, so it's
hardly a reason for changing the interface.

Sorry, but although I value your experience with CD writing very much,
I don't think you are the right person to decide on what the naming of devices
in Linux will look like, exactly because it's a problem with much broader
context than just SCSI devices.

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"God doesn't play dice." -- Albert Einstein