    > > It doesn't occur in, because with this kernel (and AFAIR also
    > > with older kernels) my computer refuses to mount this share.

    Is this issue I mentioned in my bug report expected, or could it be
    related to my problem?

    > Command 46 is an SMB Read. IIRC send error in read -11 is EAGAIN which
    > could
    > indicate that the socket is congested and stayed congested but normally
    > that would be accompanied by a "sends on socket stuck for x seconds"
    > Could you check /proc/fs/cifs/DebugData and see if the number of
    > reconnections
    > is non-zero (indicating that the tcp session to the server died).

    I don't see this, do I need CONFIG_CIFS_STATS for seeing it?

    > Any chance you could do an ethereal network trace of the failure (perhaps
    > on the server, if the client is hanging) so we could see the
    > last request (presumably a read) that the client sent (and whether the
    > server responded).
    > Also is it possible to build your kernel with some of the debugging options
    > turned on (e.g. "Debug Memory allocations" and "mutex debugging, deadlock
    > detection" and
    > "detect soft lockups") to see if we are overwritting memory and hitting an
    > obscure
    > deadlock.

    Both are now on my TODO list.

    > It would also be helpful, if the problem turns out to be non-obvious, to
    > track this via a new bug # in

    > Steve French

    "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
    Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

      Last update: 2006-02-16 13:10    [W:0.031 / U:37.696 seconds]