SubjectRe: Stuck creating sysfs hooks for a driver..
 >Seewer Philippe wrote:

>I don't know if this'll really help, but have a look at

>Greg KH wrote:

>Have you read Documentation/hwmon/sysfs-interface? I think that,
>combined with using the hwmon class code is what you want to use here.
>Hope this helps,
>greg k-h
Thanks, yes I shall look up both first glance they do look

One thing i'd like to point out though, Greg: the LM70 is an
SPI/Microwire based system and not i2c; so straight away, the i2c
interface by itself will not be used...; also, the specific board
(LM70CILD-3, which i've written the 2.4 driver for & am now porting to
2.6), comes with a built-in parport that's what the driver
takes into account of course..

Also it's a relatively simple temperature sensor - it does not seem to
support hysteresis temperature, i/p voltages, etc. I'm saying all this
as the sysfs interface i envision is just a simple read-only hook: the
o/p value (after a little userspace massaging) is the temperature in
Celsius correct to 0.25 degrees. So it looks to me that this particular
driver necessitates a kind-of "custom" entry under /sys/class/hwmon with
it's own userspace support. Do I move ahead in this direction?