SubjectRe: Random reboots
From
On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 09:32:21PM +0000, Nick Warne wrote:
> > Nope, no spamassassin. It doesn't seem to happen at any particular time
> > of day/week/month or in conjunction with any particular load.
>
> What is your base system on these boxes? I have had 3 'reboots' on 2
> boxes at work over the last year running RHEL 3, and there is nothing
> *at all* in logs, nor in the tests scripts RedHat guys got me to run
> (nor hardware issues) - it's as if someone just hit the power switch.

It runs Debian Sarge for AMD64. I have lots of other machines, but only
this one gets the reboots. None of the others have SCSI, and none are
dual-CPU with memory on both nodes, just to name two obvious things
different on this machine.

And my symptoms are the same - nothing in the logs, nothing sent to the
syslog server, nothing on the serial console. Just like a power cut.

-ryan

  Last update: 2006-02-13 22:41    [W:3.773 / U:0.000 seconds]